// CODE SNIPPET
A.6.4 Example 4: Modification to Existing Piping System
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Determine the required CSST size for Section G (retrofit application) of the piping system shown in Figure A.6.4, with a designated pressure drop of 0.5-inch w.c. (125 Pa) using the branch length method. The gas to be used has 0.60 specific gravity and a heating value of 1,000 Btu/ft3 (37.5 MJ/m3).
- The length of pipe and CSST from the point of delivery to the retrofit appliance (barbecue) at the end of Section G is 40 feet (12192 mm), A + B + G.
- Use this branch length to size Section G.
- Assume the CSST manufacturer has tubing sizes or EHDs of 13, 18, 23 and 30.
- Using the row marked 40 feet (12192 mm) in Table 402.4(15), Section G, supplying 40 cfh (1.13 m3/hr) for the barbecue requires EHD 18 CSST.
- The sizing of Sections A, B, F and E must be checked to ensure adequate gas carrying capacity since an appliance has been added to the piping system (see A.6.1 for details).
Related Code Sections
A.6.4 Sizing and Capacities of Gas Piping, Example 4: Modification to Existing Piping System
system (see A.6.1 for details). FIGURE A.6.4 PIPING PLAN SHOWING A MODIFICATION TO EXISTING PIPING SYSTEM ...
2015 Michigan Residential Code > A Sizing and Capacities of Gas Piping > A.6 Examples of Piping System Design and Sizing > A.6.4 Example 4: Modification to Existing Piping System
G2412.3 Fuel Gas, (401.3) Modifications to Existing Systems
In modifying or adding to existing piping systems , sizes shall be maintained in accordance with this chapter ...
2015 Michigan Residential Code > 24 Fuel Gas > G2412 (401) General > G2412.3 (401.3) Modifications to Existing Systems
220.127.116.11 Design Approaches,
The pipe schedule method shall be permitted as follows: Additions or modifications to existing pipe schedule systems sized according to the pipe ...
Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems 2013 of Michigan > 11 Design Approaches > 11.2 Occupancy Hazard Fire Control Approach for Spray Sprinklers > 11.2.2 Water Demand Requirements — Pipe Schedule Method > 18.104.22.168
8.15.20 Installation Requirements, Piping to Sprinklers Below Ceilings
it is necessary to pipe two new ceiling sprinklers from an existing outlet in an overhead system, the use of a nipple not exceeding 4 in. (100 mm) in length ...
Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems 2013 of Michigan > 8 Installation Requirements > 8.15 Special Situations > 8.15.20 Piping to Sprinklers Below Ceilings
104.10 Scope and Administration, Modifications
public expense nor create nuisances, cause fraud on or victimization of the public or conflict with existing laws or ordinances. The modification ...
2015 Michigan Rehabilitation Code > 1 Scope and Administration > 104 Duties and Powers of Code Official > 104.10 Modifications