[A] 107.3 Examination of Documents
The building official shall examine or cause to be examined the accompanying submittal documents and shall ascertain by such examinations whether the construction indicated and described is in accordance with the requirements of this code and other pertinent laws or ordinances.
- Building plans approved pursuant to Section 553.77(5), Florida Statutes, and state-approved manufactured buildings are exempt from local codes enforcing agency plan reviews except for provisions of the code relating to erection, assembly or construction at the site. Erection, assembly and construction at the site are subject to local permitting and inspections. Photocopies of plans approved according to Rule 61-41.009, Florida Administrative Code, shall be sufficient for local permit application documents of record for the modular building portion of the permitted project.
- Industrial construction on sites where design, construction and fire safety are supervised by appropriate design and inspection professionals and which contain adequate in-house fire departments and rescue squads is exempt, subject to local government option, from review of plans and inspections, providing owners certify that applicable codes and standards have been met and supply appropriate approved drawings to local building and fire-safety inspectors.
Deferral of any submittal items shall have the prior approval of the building official. The registered design professional in responsible charge shall list the deferred submittals on the construction documents for review by the building official.
Documents for deferred submittal items shall be submitted to the registered design professional in responsible charge who shall review them and forward them to the building official with a notation indicating that the deferred submittal documents have been reviewed and found to be in general conformance to the design of the building. The deferred submittal items shall not be installed until the deferred submittal documents have been approved by the building official.
The examination of the documents by the building official shall include the following minimum criteria and documents: a floor plan; site plan; foundation plan; floor/roof framing plan or truss layout; all fenestration penetrations; flashing; and rough opening dimensions; and all exterior elevations:
- Occupancy group and special occupancy requirements shall be determined.
- Minimum type of construction shall be determined (see Table 503).
- Early warning smoke evacuation systems
- Schematic fire sprinklers
- Pre-engineered systems
- Riser diagram.
- Soil conditions/analysis
- Termite protection
- Design loads
- Wind requirements
- Building envelope
- Impact resistant coverings or systems
- Structural calculations (if required)
- Flood requirements in accordance with Section 1612, including lowest floor elevations, enclosures, flood damage-resistant materials
- Wall systems
- Floor systems
- Roof systems
- Threshold inspection plan
- Stair systems
- Barrier requirements
- Wading pools
- Location and installation details. The specific location and installation details of each fire door, fire damper, ceiling damper and smoke damper shall be shown and properly identified on the building plans by the designer.
- Feeders and branch circuits
- Overcurrent protection
- Wiring methods and materials
- Special occupancies
- Emergency systems
- Communication systems
- Low voltage
- Load calculations
- Design flood elevation
- Asbestos removal
Residential (one- and two-family):
- Set back/separation (assumed property lines)
- Location of septic tanks
- Fire-resistant construction (if required)
- Smoke detector locations
- Egress window size and location stairs construction requirements
- Accessible bath
- Impact resistant coverings or systems
- Replacing existing equipment such as mechanical units, water heaters, etc.
- Minor electrical, plumbing and mechanical repairs
- Annual maintenance permits
- Except for local site adaptions, siding, foundations and/or modifications.
- Except for structures that require waiver.
- Manufactured buildings plan except for foundations and modifications of buildings on site.