323.1 Evaluation and Design Criteria Report
During the schematic phase of the project, the owner or the registered design professional in charge of the design shall prepare and sign an Evaluation and Design Criteria Report in accordance with Sections 4-306 and 4-307(a) of the California Administrative Code. The report shall be submitted to the DSA for review and approval prior to proceeding with design development of the rehabilitation.
The Evaluation and Design Criteria Report shall:
- Identify the building(s) structural and nonstructural systems, potential deficiencies in the elements or systems and the proposed method for retrofit.
- Identify geological and site-related hazards.
- Propose the methodology for evaluation and retrofit design.
- Propose the complete program for data collection (Section 319.2).
- Include existing or "as-built" building plans, reports and associated documents of the existing construction.