// CODE SNIPPET
321.0 Essential Mechanical Provisions. [OSHPD 1, 2, 3 (Surgical Clinics Only) & 4]
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
This section has been amended at the state or city level.
Outside or return air for a heating or cooling air system shall not be taken from the following locations:
- Less than 10 feet (3048 mm) in distance from an appliance vent outlet, a vent opening of a plumbing drainage system, the discharge outlet of an exhaust fan, or a medical-surgical vacuum outlet unless the outlet is 3 feet (913 mm) above the outside-air inlet.
- Less than 10 feet (3048 mm) above the surface of an abutting public way, driveway, sidewalk, street, alley, or driveway.
- A hazardous or insanitary location, or a refrigeration machinery room as defined in the CMC.
- An area, the volume of which is less than 25 percent of the entire volume served by such system, unless there is a permanent opening to an area, the volume of which is equal to 25 percent of the entire volume served.
EXCEPTION: Such openings where used for a heating or cooling air system in a dwelling unit shall be permitted to be reduced to not less than 50 percent of the required area, provided the balance of the required return air is taken from a room or hall having not less than three doors leading to other rooms served by the furnace.
- A closet, bathroom, toilet room, or kitchen.
- Rooms or spaces containing a fuel-burning appliance therein, where such room or space serves as source of return-air.
- This shall not apply to fireplaces, fireplace appliances, residential cooking appliances, direct-vent appliances, enclosed furnaces, and domestic-type clothes dryers installed within the room or space.
- This shall not apply to a gravity-type or listed vented wall heating or cooling air system.
- This shall not apply to a blower-type heating or cooling air systems installed in accordance with the following requirements:
- Where the return air is taken from a room or space having a volume exceeding 1 cubic foot (0.03 m 3 ) for each 10 Btu/h (0.003 kW) fuel input rating of fuel-burning appliances therein.
- Not less than 75 percent of the supply air is discharged back into the same room or space.
- Return-air inlets shall not be located within 10 feet (3048 mm) from an appliance firebox or confined space.
During periods of power outages essential electrical power shall be provided for the following equipment:
(Does not apply to OSHPD 3 surgical clinic.) All heating equipment necessary to maintain a minimum temperature of 60°F (15.6°) in patient areas which are not specified in Section 322.0.
All supply, return, and exhaust fans required to maintain the positive and negative air balances as required in Table 4-A.
All control components and control systems necessary for the normal operation of equipment required to have essential electrical power.
Alarms for airborne infection isolation rooms and protective environment rooms.
Related Code Sections
321.0 General Regulations, Essential Mechanical Provisions. [OSHPD 1, 2, 3 (Surgical Clinics Only) & 4]
: (Does not apply to OSHPD 3 surgical clinic.) All heating equipment necessary to maintain ...
Los Angeles Mechanical Code > 3 General Regulations > 321.0 Essential Mechanical Provisions. [OSHPD 1, 2, 3 (Surgical Clinics Only) & 4]
321.6 General Regulations,
Alarms for airborne infection isolation rooms and protective environment rooms ...
Los Angeles Mechanical Code > 3 General Regulations > 321.0 Essential Mechanical Provisions. [OSHPD 1, 2, 3 (Surgical Clinics Only) & 4] > 321.6
1226.8 Interior Environment, Surgical Clinics
Outpatient surgical clinics, and outpatient clinical services of a hospital providing services equivalent to a surgical clinic, shall comply ...
Los Angeles Building Code > 12 Interior Environment > 1226 [OSHPD 3] Clinics > 1226.8 Surgical Clinics
Interior Environment, Surgical Clinics
1184.108.40.206 Interior Environment, Essential Electrical System
Cardiac catheterization laboratories shall meet the provisions for ambulatory surgical clinics required in the California Electrical Code including ...
Los Angeles Building Code > 12 Interior Environment > 1224 [OSHPD 1] Hospitals > 1224.28 Supplemental Surgery and Special Procedure Services > 1224.28.3 Freestanding Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory Service Space > 1220.127.116.11 Essential Electrical System