// CODE SNIPPET
E4205.1 Equipment to Be Grounded
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
The following equipment shall be grounded:
- Through-wall lighting assemblies and underwater luminaires other than those low-voltage lighting products listed for the application without a grounding conductor.
- All electrical equipment located within 5 feet (1524 mm) of the inside wall of the pool, spa or hot tub.
- All electrical equipment associated with the recirculating system of the pool, spa or hot tub.
- Junction boxes.
- Transformer and power supply enclosures.
- Ground-fault circuit-interrupters.
- Panelboards that are not part of the service equipment and that supply any electrical equipment associated with the pool, spa or hot tub. (680.7)
Related Code Sections
E4205.1 Swimming Pools, Equipment to Be Grounded
The following equipment shall be grounded: Through-wall lighting assemblies and underwater luminaires other than those low-voltage lighting ...
2015 Michigan Residential Code > 42 Swimming Pools > E4205 Grounding > E4205.1 Equipment to Be Grounded
Section E3908 Power and Lighting Distribution, Grounding
Metal enclosures of conductors, devices and equipment shall be connected to the equipment grounding conductor. (250.86) Exceptions : Short ...
E4207.8 Swimming Pools, Grounding of Equipment
Equipment shall be grounded as required by Section E4205.1 ...
2015 Michigan Residential Code > 42 Swimming Pools > E4207 Storable Swimming Pools, Storable Spas, and Storable Hot Tubs > E4207.8 Grounding of Equipment
M2105.15 Hydronic Piping, Shutoff Valves
equipment and appliances. This requirement does not apply to components of ground-source loop systems such as pumps, air separators, metering devices ...
2015 Michigan Residential Code > 21 Hydronic Piping > M2105 Ground-Source Heat-Pump System Loop Piping > M2105.15 Shutoff Valves
E4001.11.1 Devices and Luminaires, Faceplate Grounding
Snap switches, including dimmer and similar control switches, shall be connected to an equipment grounding conductor and shall provide a means ...
2015 Michigan Residential Code > 40 Devices and Luminaires > E4001 Switches > E4001.11 Snap Switch Faceplates > E4001.11.1 Faceplate Grounding