Article 750 Energy Management Systems
Informational Note: Performance provisions in other codes establish prescriptive requirements that may further restrict the requirements contained in this article.
Control. This definition shall apply only within this article.
The predetermined process of connecting, disconnecting, increasing, or reducing electric power.
Energy Management System. This definition shall apply within this article and throughout the Code.
A system consisting of any of the following: a monitor(s), communications equipment, a controller(s), a timer(s), or other device(s) that monitors and/or controls an electrical load or a power production or storage source.
Monitor. This definition shall apply only within this article.
An electrical or electronic means to observe, record, or detect the operation or condition of the electric power system or apparatus.
- Elevators, escalators, moving walks, or stairway lift chairs
- Positive mechanical ventilation for hazardous (classified) locations
- Ventilation used to exhaust hazardous gas or reclassify an area
- Circuits supplying emergency lighting
- Essential electrical systems in health care facilities
Informational Note: The use of the term remote is intended to convey that a controller can be operated via another means or location through communications without a direct operator interface with the controlled device.