Section A5.213 Energy Efficient Steel Framing
|Number of Tenant- Occupants||Shower/Changing Facilities Required||2-Tier (12"x15"x72") Personal Effects Lockers
|0 - 10||1 unisex shower||1|
|11 - 50||1 unisex shower||2|
|51 - 100||1 unisex shower||3|
|101 - 200||1 shower stall per gender||4|
|0ver 200||1 shower stall per gender for each 200 additional tenant-occupants||One 2-tier locker for each 50 additional tenant-occupants|
|Total Number of Parking Spaces||Number of Required Spaces|
|0 - 9||1|
|10 - 25||2|
|26 - 50||4|
|51 - 75||6|
|76 - 100||9|
|101 - 150||11|
|151 - 200||18|
|201 and over||At least 10 percent of total|
- Use of on street parking or compact spaces, illustrated on the site plan; or
- Implementation and documentation of programs that encourage occupants to carpool, ride share or use alternate transportation.
- Roof constructions that have thermal mass over the roof membrane, including areas of vegetative (green) roofs, weighing at least 25 pounds per square foot.
- Roof area covered by building integrated solar photovoltaic and building integrated solar thermal panels.
Design steel framing for maximum energy efficiency. Techniques for avoiding thermal bridging in the envelope include:
- Exterior rigid insulation;
- Punching large holes in the stud web without affecting the structural integrity of the stud;
- Spacing the studs as far as possible while maintaining the structural integrity of the structure; and
- Detailed design of intersections of wall openings and building intersections of floors, walls and roofs.
CALIFORNIA GREEN BUILDING STANDARDS CODE — MATRIX ADOPTION TABLE
(Matrix Adoption Tables are non-regulatory, intended only as an aid to the user.
|Adopt entire CA chapter||X|
|Adopt entire chapter as amended (amended sections listed below)|
|Adopt only those sections that are listed below|
- Owner's or owner representative's project requirements;
- Basis of design;
- Commissioning measures shown in the construction documents;
- Commissioning plan;
- Functional performance testing;
- Documentation and training;
- Commissioning report.