// CODE SNIPPET
806.1 Emissions From Composite Wood Products
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Composite wood products used interior to the approved weather covering of the building shall comply with the emission limits or be manufactured in accordance with the standards cited in Table 806.1. Compliance with emission limits shall be demonstrated following the requirements of Section 93120 of Title 17, California Code of Regulations, Airborne Toxic Control Measure to Reduce Formaldehyde Emissions from Composite Wood Products.
- Composite wood products that are made using adhesives that do not contain urea-formaldehyde (UF) resins.
- Composite wood products that are sealed with an impermeable material on all sides and edges.
- Composite wood products that are used to make elements considered to be furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E) that are not permanently installed.
COMPOSITE PRODUCTS EMISSIONS
|Thin medium-density fiberboarda||0.13||—|
- Maximum thickness of 5/16 inch (8 mm).
- Phase 2 Formaldehyde Emissions Standards, Table 1, Section 93120, Title 17, California Code of Regulations; compliance shall be demonstrated in accordance with ASTM E 1333 or ASTM D 6007.