Smoke detection shall be provided in accordance with Section 907.2.13.1.
A fire alarm system shall be provided in accordance with Section 907.2.13.
An emergency voice/alarm communication system shall be provided in accordance with Section 907.5.2.2.
Emergency responder radio coverage shall be provided in accordance with the Florida Fire Prevention Code.
A fire command center complying with Section 911 shall be provided in a location approved by the fire department.
To facilitate smoke removal in post-fire salvage and overhaul operations, buildings and structures shall be equipped with natural or mechanical ventilation for removal of products of combustion in accordance with one of the following:
1. Easily identifiable, manually operable windows or panels shall be distributed around the perimeter of each floor at not more than 50-foot (15 240 mm) intervals. The area of operable windows or panels shall be not less than 40 square feet (3.7 m2) per 50 linear feet (15 240 mm) of perimeter.
1. In Group R-1 occupancies, each sleeping unit or suite having an exterior wall shall be permitted to be provided with 2 square feet (0.19 m2) of venting area in lieu of the area specified in Item 1.
2. Windows shall be permitted to be fixed provided that glazing can be cleared by fire fighters.
2. Mechanical air-handling equipment providing one exhaust air change every 15 minutes for the area involved. Return and exhaust air shall be moved directly to the outside without recirculation to other portions of the building.
3. Any other approved design that will produce equivalent results.
A standby power system complying with Chapter 27 and Section 3003 shall be provided for standby power loads specified in 403.4.8.2. Where elevators are provided in a high-rise building for accessible means of egress, fire service access or occupant self-evacuation, the standby power system shall also comply with Section 1007, 3007 or 3008, as applicable.
If the standby system is a generator set inside a building, the system shall be located in a separate room enclosed with 2-hour fire barriers constructed in accordance with Section 707 or horizontal assemblies constructed in accordance with Section 711, or both. System supervision with manual start and transfer features shall be provided at the fire command center.