// CODE SNIPPET
[F] 415.11.10 Emergency Power System
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Emergency power shall be provided for electrically operated equipment and connected control circuits for the following systems:
- HPM exhaust ventilation systems.
- HPM gas cabinet ventilation systems.
- HPM exhausted enclosure ventilation systems.
- HPM gas room ventilation systems.
- HPM gas detection systems.
- Emergency alarm systems.
- Manual and automatic fire alarm systems.
- Automatic sprinkler system monitoring and alarm systems.
- Automatic alarm and detection systems for pyrophoric liquids and Class 3 water-reactive liquids required in Section 2705.2.3.4 of the International Fire Code.
- Flow alarm switches for pyrophoric liquids and Class 3 water-reactive liquids cabinet exhaust ventilation systems required in Section 2705.2.3.4 of the International Fire Code.
- Electrically operated systems required elsewhere in this code or in the International Fire Code applicable to the use, storage or handling of HPM.
Related Code Sections
415.11.10 Special Detailed Requirements Based on Occupancy and Use, Emergency Power System
An emergency power system shall be provided in Group H-5 occupancies in accordance with Section 2702. The emergency power system shall supply power ...
Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 4 Special Detailed Requirements Based on Occupancy and Use > 415 Groups H-1, H-2, H-3, H-4 and H-5 > 415.11 Group H-5 > 415.11.10 Emergency Power System
1008.3.4 Means of Egress, Duration
The emergency power system shall provide power for a duration of not less than 90 minutes and shall consist of storage batteries, unit equipment ...
Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 10 Means of Egress > 1008 Means of Egress Illumination > 1008.3 Emergency Power for Illumination > 1008.3.4 Duration
2702.1 Electrical, General
Emergency power systems and standby power systems shall comply with Sections 2702.1.1 through 2702.1.8 ...
Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 27 Electrical > 2702 Emergency and Standby Power Systems > 2702.1 General
620.91 Special Equipment, Emergency and Standby Power Systems
An elevator(s) shall be permitted to be powered by an emergency or standby power system. Informational Note: See ASME A17.1-2013/CSA B44-13, Safety ...
National Electrical Code 2017 of Illinois > 6 Special Equipment > 620 Elevators, Dumbwaiters, Escalators, Moving Walks, Platform Lifts, and Stairway Chairlifts > 620.91 Emergency and Standby Power Systems
1013.6.3 Means of Egress, Power Source
loss, the sign illumination means shall be connected to an emergency power system provided from storage batteries, unit equipment or an on-site ...
Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 10 Means of Egress > 1013 Exit Signs > 1013.6 Externally Illuminated Exit Signs > 1013.6.3 Power Source