1008.3 Emergency Power for Illumination
In the event of power supply failure in buildings that require two or more means of egress, an emergency electrical system shall automatically illuminate all of the following areas:
- Interior exit access stairways and ramps.
- Interior and exterior exit stairways and ramps.
- Exit passageways.
- Vestibules and areas on the level of discharge used for exit discharge in accordance with Section 1028.1.
- Exterior landings as required by Section 1010.1.6 for exit doorways that lead directly to the exit discharge.
In the event of power supply failure, an emergency electrical system shall automatically illuminate all of the following areas:
- Electrical equipment rooms.
- Fire command centers.
- Fire pump rooms.
- Generator rooms.
- Public restrooms with an area greater than 300 square feet (27.87 m2).