Article 675 Electrically Driven or Controlled Irrigation Machines
The conductor insulation shall be of a type listed in Table 310.4(A) for an operating temperature of 75°C (167°F) or higher and for use in wet locations. The core insulating material thickness shall not be less than 0.76 mm (30 mils), and the metallic overlay thickness shall be not less than 0.20 mm (8 mils). The jacketing material thickness shall be not less than 1.27 mm (50 mils).
- An equivalent continuous current rating not less than specified in 675.7(A) or 675.22(A)
- A horsepower rating not less than the value from Table 430.251(A) and Table 430.251(B), based on the equivalent locked-rotor current specified in 675.7(B) or 675.22(B)
Exception: A listed molded case switch shall not require a horsepower rating.
Exception No. 2: A listed molded case switch without marked horsepower ratings shall be permitted.
- All electrical equipment on the irrigation machine
- All electrical equipment associated with the irrigation machine
- Metal junction boxes and enclosures
- Control panels or control equipment that supplies or controls electrical equipment to the irrigation machine
Exception: Grounding shall not be required on machines where all of the following provisions are met: