3110F.2.2 Electrical and Hydraulic Power Systems
- Pressure gauges shall be mounted in accordance with ASME B40.100 [10.6].
- The hydraulic drive cylinders shall be mounted and meet either the mounting requirements of NFPA T3.6.7 R3 [10.7] or equivalent.
- In high velocity current (>1.5 knots) areas, all new marine loading arms shall be fitted with quick disconnect couplers and emergency quick release systems in conformance with Sections 6.0 and 7.0 of [10.3]. In complying with this requirement, attention shall be paid to the commentary and guidelines in Part III of reference [10.3].
- Out-of-limit, balance and the approach of out-of-limit alarms shall be located at or near the loading arm console.
The following criteria shall be implemented:
- Equipment shall be provided with a safety disconnecting device to isolate the entire electrical system from the electrical mains in accordance with Article 430 of the California Electrical Code [10.8].
- Motor controllers and 3-pole motor overload protection shall be installed and sized in accor dance with Article 430 of the California Electrical Code [10.8].
- Control circuits shall be limited to 120 volts and shall comply with Articles 500 and 501 of the California Electrical Code [10.8]. Alternatively, intrinsically safe wiring and controls may be provided in accordance with Article 504 of the California Electrical Code [10.8] and UL Std. No. 913 [10.9].
- Grounding and bonding shall comply with the requirements of Article 430 of the California Electrical Code [10.8] and Section 3111F.
The remote control system, where provided, shall conform to the recommendations of the OCIMF [10.3]. The remote operation shall be facilitated by either a pendant control system or by a hand-held radio controller (N).
The pendant control system shall be equipped with a plug-in capability to an active connector located either in the vicinity of the loading arms, or at the loading arm outboard end on the triple swivel, and hard-wired into the control console. The umbilical cord running from the triple swivel to the control console shall be attached to the loading arm. Other umbilical cords shall have sufficient length to reach the maximum operational limits (N).
The radio controller if installed shall comply with 2 CCR 2370 [10.4] and 47 CFR Part 15 [10.10] requirements for transmitters operating in an industrial environment (N/E).