Two exits or exit access doorways from any space shall be provided where the design occupant load or the common path of egress travel distance exceeds the values listed in Table 1006.2.1.
For SI: 1 foot = 304.8 mm. NP = Not Permitted.
Exceptions:TABLE 1006.2.1 SPACES WITH ONE EXIT OR EXIT ACCESS DOORWAY
- In Group R-2 and R-3 occupancies, one means of egress is permitted within and from individual dwelling units with a maximum occupant load of 20 where the dwelling unit is equipped throughout with an automatic sprinkler system in accordance with Section 903.3.1.1 or 903.3.1.2 and the common path of egress travel does not exceed 125 feet (38 100 mm).
- Care suites in Group I-2 occupancies complying with Section 407.4.
|OCCUPANCY|| MAXIMUM OCCUPANT |
LOAD OF SPACE
|MAXIMUM COMMON PATH OF EGRESS TRAVEL DISTANCE (feet)|
| Without Sprinkler System |
| With Sprinkler System |
|OL ≤ 30||OL > 30|
|Ac, E, M||49||75||75||75a|
|H-1, H-2, H-3||3||NP||NP||25b|
|I-1, I-2d, I-4||10||NP||NP||75a|
- Buildings equipped throughout with an automatic sprinkler system in accordance with Section 903.3.1.1 or 903.3.1.2. See Section 903 for occupancies where automatic sprinkler systems are permitted in accordance with Section 903.3.1.2.
- Group H occupancies equipped throughout with an automatic sprinkler system in accordance with Section 903.2.5.
- For a room or space used for assembly purposes having fixed seating, see Section 1029.8.
- For the travel distance limitations in Group I-2, see Section 407.4.
- The length of common path of egress travel distance in a Group R-3 occupancy located in a mixed occupancy building or within a Group R-3 or R-4 congregate living facility.
- The length of common path of egress travel distance in a Group S-2 open parking garage shall be not more than 100 feet.