220.127.116.11 Education Credit
An applicant for a residential building, mechanical, or plumbing inspector, or trainee certification may obtain credit for one year of the required experience through education, if one of the following is met:
1. The applicant shall document nine hundred or more contact hours of training in an Ohio department of education approved vocational education program at the high school or adult level; or
2. The applicant shall document the completion of a baccalaureate degree or an associate degree program in building design or construction.
Education credit shall not be prorated or combined for partial or full credit and shall be awarded only upon successful completion of a specific educational program. Miscellaneous course work or isolated classes shall not be considered.
1. Air conditioning, heating, and ventilation.
5. Plumbing and pipefitting.
6. Fire fighting.
Technical education instructional programs offering associate degrees include:
1. Architectural/construction technology.
2. Heating and air conditioning technology.
3. Fire science technology.
4. The successful completion of other specific technical education instructional programs offering degrees may be considered by the board if the training is directly related to the design and construction of buildings or structures within the scope of groups regulated by the rules of the board.