// CODE SNIPPET
Article 6 Duties Under the Act
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
- Delegated responsibility. An architect or registered engineer to whom responsibility has been delegated shall, under the general direction of the architect or registered engineer in general responsible charge, prepare plans, specifications, calculations and other data, and make corrections on these documents as required to comply with these regulations. Such architect or registered engineer shall consult with the architect or registered engineer in general responsible charge in the preparation of addenda, deferred submittals and construction change documents and the selection of inspectors and the testing facility. The architect or registered engineer to whom responsibility has been delegated shall provide evidence of his or her responsibility for the documents, which affect his or her portion of the work and are presented to DSA for approval, by his or her stamp and signature thereon.
- The name of any proposed assistant inspector together with an outline of his or her experience and pertinent qualifications on a form prescribed by DSA, in accordance with the project inspector approval process specified by DSA.
- The name of any special inspector to be used, in accordance with Section 4-335(f)1(B).
- Report of contract. The architect or registered engineer in general responsible charge or the school board shall report contract information and time of starting work to DSA. (See Section 4-331.)
- Architect or engineer verified reports. The architect or registered engineer in general responsible charge and all architects and registered engineers delegated responsibility for observation of the work of construction shall observe the work of construction of his or her portion of the project; when delegated, consult with the design professional in general responsible charge in the interpretation of the approved drawings and specifications; and shall maintain such personal contact with the project as is necessary to assure themselves of compliance in every material respect with the approved plans and specifications. Personal contact shall include visits to the project site by the architect, engineer or their qualified representative to observe the construction. The architect or registered engineer in general responsible charge and each architect or engineer delegated responsibility for observations of the work of construction shall submit verified reports to DSA and provide a copy to the project inspector as required by Section 4-336. The architect or registered engineer in general responsible charge shall also require that verified reports from the project inspector, special inspectors, testing facility, the geotechnical engineer, contractors and the other architects and engineers are submitted as required.
- Structural tests and special inspection program. The architect or registered engineer in general responsible charge shall establish the extent of the structural tests and special inspection program consistent with the needs of the particular project (see Section 4-335) and shall issue specific instructions to the testing facility and special inspectors prior to start of construction. He or she shall also notify DSA as to the disposition of materials noted on laboratory testing, and/or special inspection, reports as not conforming to the DSA approved documents.
Authority: Education Code Sections 17310 and 81142.
Reference: Education Code Sections 17302, 17309, 17310, 81138, 81141 and 81142.