Ducts and plenums serving Type II hoods shall be constructed of rigid metallic materials. Duct construction, installation, bracing and supports shall comply with Chapter 6. Ducts subject to positive pressure and ducts conveying moisture-laden or waste-heat-laden air shall be constructed, joined and sealed in an approved manner.
Exhaust outlets serving Type II hoods shall terminate in accordance with the hood manufacturer's installation instructions and shall comply with all of the following:
- Exhaust outlets shall terminate not less than 3 feet (914 mm) in any direction from openings into the building.
- Outlets shall terminate not less than 10 feet (3048 mm) from property lines or buildings on the same lot.
- Outlets shall terminate not less than 10 feet (3048 mm) above grade.
- Outlets that terminate above a roof shall terminate not less than 30 inches (762 mm) above the roof surface.
- Outlets shall terminate not less than 30 inches (762 mm) from exterior vertical walls
- Outlets shall be protected against local weather conditions.
- Outlets shall not be directed onto walkways.
- Outlets shall meet the provisions for exterior wall opening protectives in accordance with the International Building Code.