// CODE SNIPPET
188.8.131.52 Door Openings in Folding Partitions
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
A door leaf or opening in the folding partition shall not be required, provided that all of the following criteria are met:
- The subdivided space is not used by more than 20 persons at any time.
- The use of the space is under adult supervision.
- The partitions are arranged so that they do not extend across any aisle or corridor used as an exit access to the required exits from the story.
- The partitions conform to the interior finish and other requirements of this Code.
- The partitions are of an approved type, have a simple method of release, and are capable of being opened quickly and easily by experienced persons in case of emergency.
Related Code Sections
184.108.40.206 Means of Egress, Door Openings in Folding Partitions
Where permanently mounted folding or movable partitions divide a room into smaller spaces, a swinging door leaf or open doorway shall be provided ...
Life Safety Code 2018 of Kansas > 7 Means of Egress > 7.2 Means of Egress Components > 7.2.1 Door Openings > 220.127.116.11 Door Openings in Folding Partitions
18.104.22.168 Electric Elevators, Folding Car Doors
Folding car doors shall not be power opened to a distance exceeding one-third of the clear opening, and in no case shall ...
Safety Code for Elevators and Escalators 2016 of Kansas > 2 Electric Elevators > 2.14 Car Enclosures, Car Doors and Gates, and Car Illumination > 2.14.6 Freight Elevator Car Doors and Gates > 22.214.171.124 Folding Car Doors
3.3.222 Definitions, Power Doors
Swinging, sliding, or folding door that opens automatically upon an action by a pedestrian, closes automatically, and operates with decreased forces ...
710.5 Fire and Smoke Protection Features, Openings
Openings in smoke partitions shall comply with Sections 710.5.1 and 710.5.2 ...
Building Code 2018 of Kansas > 7 Fire and Smoke Protection Features > 710 Smoke Partitions > 710.5 Openings
1010.1.4.2 Means of Egress, Power-Operated Doors
). The door shall be capable of opening from any position to the full width of the opening in which such door is installed when a force is applied ...
Building Code 2018 of Kansas > 10 Means of Egress > 1010 Doors, Gates and Turnstiles > 1010.1 Doors > 1010.1.4 Special Doors > 1010.1.4.2 Power-Operated Doors