3102F.3.8 Documentation and Reporting
The audit reports shall be signed and stamped by the audit team leader. The inspection and other reports and drawings shall be signed and stamped by the engineers in responsible charge.
Each audit and inspection, whether partial or complete, shall be adequately documented. Partial inspections cover only specific systems or equipment examined. The resulting reports shall summarize and reference relevant previous ratings and deficiencies. Inspection reports shall be included in subsequent audits.
The contents of the audit and inspection reports for each berthing system shall, at a minimum, include the following as appropriate:
Executive summary—a concise narrative of the audit or inspection results and analyses conclusions. It shall include summary information for each berthing system, including an overview of the assigned follow-up actions. The Executive Summary Tables shall also be included (see Example Tables 31F-2-7A through 31F-2-7C and 31F-2-8).
Table of contents
Introduction—a brief description of the purpose and scope of the audit or inspection, as well as a description of the inspection/evaluation methodology used.
Existing conditions—a description, along with a summary, of the observed conditions. Subsections shall be used to describe the above water structure, underwater structure, fire, piping/pipeline, mechanical and electrical systems, to the extent each are included in the scope of the audit. Photos, plan views and sketches shall be utilized as appropriate to describe the structure and the observed conditions. Details of the inspection results such as test data, measurements data, etc., shall be documented in an appendix.
Evaluation and assessment—assessment ratings shall be assigned to all structures and/or berthing systems. Also, see Section 3102F.3.6. All supporting calculations, as-built drawings and documentation shall be included in appendices as appropriate to substantiate the ratings. However, the results and recommendations of the engineering analyses shall be included in this section. Component deficiencies shall be described and a corresponding RAP assigned.
Follow-up actions—Specific follow-up actions (Table 31F-2-6) shall be documented (Table 31F-2-8), and remedial schedules included, for each audited system. Audit team leaders shall specify which follow-up actions require a California registered engineer to certify that the completion is acceptable.
Appendices—When appropriate, the following appendices shall be included:
- Background data on the terminal - description of the service environment (wind/waves/currents), extent and type of marine growth, unusual environmental conditions, etc.
- Inspection/testing data
- Mooring and berthing analyses
- Structural and seismic analyses and calculations
- Geotechnical report
- MOT Fire Protection Assessment
- Pipeline stress and displacement analyses
- Mechanical and electrical system documentation
- Corrosion assessment
- Photographs, sketches and supporting data shall be included to document typical conditions and referenced deficiencies, and to justify the assessment ratings and the remedial action priorities RAPs assigned.
|EXAMPLE||EXECUTIVE SUMMARY TABLE (ES-1A) GLOBAL OPERATIONAL STRUCTURAL ASSESSMENT RATINGS (OSAR)||REV. # MM/YYYY|
|Berthing system||Berth(s)1||Structure(s)1||Type of analysis2||OSAR rating4||Last audit date (MM/YYYY)||Next audit due date (MM/YYYY)||Last analysis date (MM/YYYY)5||Repair/replacement due date (MM/YYYY)6||Fit-for-purpose (Y/N)||Description or comments7|
|North Wharf||Berth 1||Wharfhead||O||5||08/2008||08/2011||02/2008||N/A||Y||None|
|North Wharf||Berth 1||Mooring Dolphin||M||3||08/2008||08/2011||05/2008||12/2008||N||Hook capacity inadequate|
|North Wharf||Berth 1||Breasting Dolphin||B||2||08/2008||08/2011||06/2008||02/2010||N||Berthing velocity restrictions required. Velocity monitoring system operational. Fender system to be upgraded. See Terminal Operating Limits.|
|North Wharf||Berth 1||Overall||O||4||08/2008||08/2011||02/2008||N/A||Y||None|
|North Wharf||Berth 1||Dolphins, Trestles, Catwalks, Bulkhead walls, etc.||08/2008||08/2011|
|South Wharf||Berth 2||08/2008||08/2011|
|EXAMPLE||EXECUTIVE SUMMARY TABLE (ES-1B) GLOBAL SEISMIC STRUCTURAL ASSESSMENT RATINGS (SSAR)||REV. # MM/YYYY|
|Berthing system||Berth(s)1||Structure(s)1||SSAR rating4||Last audit date (MM/YYYY)||Next audit due date (MM/YYYY)||Last analysis date (MM/YYYY)5||Repair/replacement due date (MM/YYYY)6||Fit-for-purpose (Y/N)||Description or comments7|
|North Wharf||Berth 1||Wharfhead||2||08/2008||08/2011||05/2008||02/2010||N||Level 1 - OK; SAP2000 Pushover Analysis|
Level 2 - NG; SAP2000 Pushover Analysis displacements too large and liquefation
|North Wharf||Berth 1||Trestle||5||08/2008||08/2011||05/2008||N/A||Y||Level 1 - OK; SAP2000 Linear Analysis|
Level 2 - OK; SAP2000 Linear Analysis
|North Wharf||Berth 1||30" Crude line||5||08/2008||08/2011||05/2008||N/A||Y||Level 1 - N/A|
Level 2 - OK; CAESAR Analysis
|North Wharf||Berth 1||Dolphins, Pipeline, Trestles, Bulkhead walls, etc.|
|South Wharf||Berth 2|
|EXAMPLE||EXECUTIVE SUMMARY TABLE (ES-1C) GLOBAL INSPECTION CONDITION ASSESSMENT RATINGS (ICAR)8||REV. # MM/YYYY|
|Berthing system||Berth(s)1||Structure(s)1||Type of inspection3||ICAR rating4,9||Last inspection date (MM/YYYY)10||Inspection interval (YRS.)||Next inspection due date (MM/YYYY)10||Description or comments7|
|North Wharf||Berth 1||Wharfhead||AW||5||02/2008||3||02/2011||General satisfactory condition. See RAPs in Table ES-2 for details.|
|North Wharf||Berth 1||Wharfhead||UW||4||02/2008||5||02/2013||Pile damage; 10 serve, 15 minor See RAPs in Table ES-2 for details.|
|North Wharf||Berth 1||Breasting Dolphin BD-1||AW||6||02/2008||3||02/2011||See RAPs in Table ES-2|
|North Wharf||Berth 1||Breasting Dolphin BD-1||UW||5||02/2008||5||02/2013||See RAPs in Table ES-2|
|North Wharf||Berth 1||Dolphins, Trestle, Catwalks, Bulkhead walls, etc.|
|South Wharf||Berth 2|
These notes apply to Tables 31F-2-7A through 7C:
- The term "Overall" shall be input in this field when the assessment ratings are summarized for a berth.
- "Types of Analyses": "O" = Operational Loading Analysis, "M" = Mooring Analysis, "B" = Berthing Analysis
- "Types of Inspections": "AW" = Above Water Inspection, "UW" = Underwater Inspection
- All assessment ratings shall be assigned in accordance with Table 31F-2-4.
- The "Analysis Dates" are defined by the month and year in which the final design package is submitted to the Division.
- The "Repair/Replacement Dates" are defined by the month and year in which the repair/replacement is to be completed and operational.
- The "Description or Comments" shall reference all MOT operating limits. For OSARs, this includes berthing velocity restrictions, load limits, etc. For SSARs, this includes a brief list of the findings for each Seismic Performance Level.
- Inspection findings may trigger a structural reassessment (see Tables 31F-2-7A and 31F-2-7B).
- Ratings shall be assigned comparing the observed condition to the original condition.
- The "Inspection Dates" are defined by the month and year in which the last day of formal field inspection is conducted.