// CODE SNIPPET
(H) Disconnects and Overcurrent Protection
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Where energy storage device input and output terminals are more than 1.5 m (5 ft) from connected equipment, or where the circuits from these terminals pass through a wall or partition, the installation shall comply with the following:
- A disconnecting means and overcurrent protection shall be provided at the energy storage device end of the circuit. Fused disconnecting means or circuit breakers shall be permitted to be used.
- Where fused disconnecting means are used, the line terminals of the disconnecting means shall be connected toward the energy storage device terminals.
- Overcurrent devices or disconnecting means shall not be installed in energy storage device enclosures where explosive atmospheres can exist.
- A second disconnecting means located at the connected equipment shall be installed where the disconnecting means required by 690.71(H)(1) is not within sight of the connected equipment.
- Where the energy storage device disconnecting means is not within sight of the PV system ac and dc disconnecting means, placards or directories shall be installed at the locations of all disconnecting means indicating the location of all disconnecting means.
Related Code Sections
(A) Special Occupancies, Disconnection and Overcurrent Protection
Where dimmers are installed in ungrounded conductors, each dimmer shall have overcurrent protection not greater than 125 percent of the dimmer rating ...
National Electrical Code 2014 of Alabama > 5 Special Occupancies > 520 Theaters, Audience Areas of Motion Picture and Television Studios, Performance Areas, and Similar Locations > 520.25 Dimmers > (A) Disconnection and Overcurrent Protection
(H) Special Equipment, Disconnects and Overcurrent Protection
these terminals pass through a wall or partition, the installation shall comply with the following: A disconnecting means and overcurrent protection shall ...
National Electrical Code 2014 of Alabama > 6 Special Equipment > 690 Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Systems > 690.71 Installation > (H) Disconnects and Overcurrent Protection
(C) Special Occupancies, Service Disconnecting Means and Overcurrent Protection at the Distribution Point
Where the service disconnecting means and overcurrent protection for each set of feeders or branch circuits are located at the distribution point ...
National Electrical Code 2014 of Alabama > 5 Special Occupancies > 547 Agricultural Buildings > 547.9 Electrical Supply to Building(s) or Structure(s) From a Distribution Point > (C) Service Disconnecting Means and Overcurrent Protection at the Distribution Point
(1) Special Equipment, Number of Disconnecting Means
(a) General. A single disconnecting means and associated overcurrent protective device(s) shall be permitted to be installed between the fire pump ...
National Electrical Code 2014 of Alabama > 6 Special Equipment > 695 Fire Pumps > 695.4 Continuity of Power > (B) Connection Through Disconnecting Means and Overcurrent Device > (1) Number of Disconnecting Means
(B) Special Occupancies, Therapeutic Equipment
therapy equipment. Informational Note: The ampacity of the branch-circuit conductors and the ratings of disconnecting means and overcurrent protection ...
National Electrical Code 2014 of Alabama > 5 Special Occupancies > 517 Health Care Facilities > 517.73 Rating of Supply Conductors and Overcurrent Protection > (B) Therapeutic Equipment