// CODE SNIPPET
705.20 Disconnecting Means, Source
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Means shall be provided to disconnect power source output circuit conductors of electric power production equipment from conductors of other systems.
The disconnecting means shall comply with the following:
- Be one of the following types:
- Simultaneously disconnect all ungrounded conductors of the circuit
- Located where readily accessible
- Externally operable without exposed live parts
- Enclosures with doors or hinged covers with exposed live parts when open that require a tool to open or are lockable where readily accessible to unqualified persons
- Plainly indicate whether in the open (off) or closed (on) position
- Have ratings sufficient for the maximum circuit current, available fault current, and voltage that is available at the terminals
- Be marked in accordance with the warning in 690.13(B), where the line and load terminals are capable of being energized in the open position
Related Code Sections
705.20 Special Conditions, Disconnecting Means, Source
Means shall be provided to disconnect power source output circuit conductors of electric power production equipment from conductors of other systems ...
National Electrical Code 2020 of Minnesota > 7 Special Conditions > 705 Interconnected Electric Power Production Sources > 705.20 Disconnecting Means, Source
712.34 Special Conditions, DC Source Disconnecting Means
The output of each dc source shall have a readily accessible disconnecting means that is lockable open in accordance with 110.25 and adjacent ...
National Electrical Code 2020 of Minnesota > 7 Special Conditions > 712 Direct Current Microgrids > 712.34 DC Source Disconnecting Means
(A) Special Equipment, Single-Car and Multicar Installations
On single-car and multicar installations, equipment receiving electrical power from more than one source shall be provided with a disconnecting means ...
National Electrical Code 2020 of Minnesota > 6 Special Equipment > 620 Elevators, Dumbwaiters, Escalators, Moving Walks, Platform Lifts, and Stairway Chairlifts > 620.52 Power From More Than One Source > (A) Single-Car and Multicar Installations
430.113 Equipment for General Use, Energy From More Than One Source
Motor and motor-operated equipment receiving electric energy from more than one source shall be provided with disconnecting means from each source ...
National Electrical Code 2020 of Minnesota > 4 Equipment for General Use > 430 Motors, Motor Circuits, and Controllers > 430.113 Energy From More Than One Source
(3) Special Equipment, Disconnecting Means
and Location — Normal Power Source . The disconnecting means for the normal power source shall comply with all of the following: [ 20: 18.104.22.168] Be identified ...
National Electrical Code 2020 of Minnesota > 6 Special Equipment > 695 Fire Pumps > 695.4 Continuity of Power > (B) Connection Through Disconnecting Means and Overcurrent Device > (3) Disconnecting Means