- The Commission shall adopt, approve, codify, update and publish green building standards for occupancies that are not under the explicit authority of another state agency. The Commission also may review and comment on proposals and proposed standards developed by other agencies in order to reduce or eliminate ambiguities or conflicts.
- A list of agencies with specific authority to propose and/or adopt building standards are identified in Title 24, Part 2, the California Building Code, Chapter 1, Division 1. The Commission shall work with these agencies to coordinate the adoption of green building standards for residential and nonresidential occupancies.
- Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery
- California Energy Commission
- California Air Resources Board
- California Department of Water Resources
- California Department of Transportation
- California Department of General Services
- California Department of Public Health
- Office of State Fire Marshal
- Environmental advocacy groups
- Interested local government and code enforcement entities
- Building construction and design industries
- Interested public parties
- The Commission may consult with and seek input from the entities and representatives identified in subsections (c) and (d) either by written comment or in a meeting format and shall consider all input provided during the development of the green building standards which is relevant to specific standards. The Commission shall provide written responses to formal comments received during the public comment period for any proposed green building standards.
- See Section 1-404 for requirements concerning state agency participation in the development of green building standards.
Authority: Health and Safety Code Sections 18909(c), 18929, 18930.5, 18931.6 and 18931.7.
Reference(s): Health and Safety Code Sections 18930.5, 18931.6, and 18931.7.