26.11.1 Design of Formwork
(a) Requirement for the contractor to design, fabricate, install, and remove formwork.
(b) Location of composite members requiring shoring.
(c) Requirements for removal of shoring of composite members.
(a) Design of formwork shall consider (1) through (5):
(1) Method of concrete placement.
(2) Rate of concrete placement.
(3) Construction loads, including vertical, horizontal, and impact.
(4) Avoidance of damage to previously constructed members.
(5) For post-tensioned members, allowance for movement of the member during application of the prestressing force without damage to the member.
(b) Formwork fabrication and installation shall result in a final structure that conforms to shapes, lines, and dimensions of the members as required by the construction documents.
(c) Formwork shall be sufficiently tight to inhibit leakage of paste or mortar.
(d) Formwork shall be braced or tied together to maintain position and shape.