C403.7.1 Demand Control Ventilation (Mandatory)
Demand control ventilation (DCV) shall be provided for spaces larger than 500 square feet (46.5 m2) and with an average occupant load of 25 people or greater per 1,000 square feet (93 m2) of floor area, as established in Table 403.3.1.1 of the International Mechanical Code, and served by systems with one or more of the following:
- An air-side economizer.
- Automatic modulating control of the outdoor air damper.
- A design outdoor airflow greater than 3,000 cfm (1416 L/s).
- Systems with energy recovery complying with Section C403.7.4.
- Multiple-zone systems without direct digital control of individual zones communicating with a central control panel.
- Systems with a design outdoor airflow less than 1,200 cfm (566 L/s).
- Spaces where the supply airflow rate minus any makeup or outgoing transfer air requirement is less than 1,200 cfm (566 L/s).
- Ventilation provided only for process loads.