(B) Delayed Automatic or Manual Connection
- Heating equipment to provide heating for patient rooms.
Exception: Heating of general patient rooms during disruption of the normal source shall not be required under any of the following conditions:
(1) The outside design temperature is higher than —6.7°C (20°F).
(2) The outside design temperature is lower than —6.7°C (20°F) and where a selected room(s) is provided for the needs of all confined patients, only such room(s) need be heated.
(3) The facility is served by a dual source of normal power as described in 517.44(C), Informational Note.
Informational Note: The outside design temperature is based on the 97'A percent design values as shown in Chapter 24 of the ASHRAE Handbook of Fundamentals (1997).
- Elevator service — in instances where disruption of power would result in elevators stopping between floors, throw-over facilities shall be provided to allow the temporary operation of any elevator for the release of passengers. For elevator cab lighting, control, and signal system requirements, see 517.42(G).
- Additional illumination, receptacles, and equipment shall be permitted to be connected only to the critical branch.
[99:22.214.171.124.3.4(A), (B), and (C)]