Dedicated use buildings in compliance with this section shall be classified as Group F-1 occupancies. For the purpose of Table 1206.14, dedicated use energy storage system buildings shall comply with all the following:
- The building shall only be used for energy storage systems, electrical energy generation, and other electrical grid related operations.
- Other occupancy types shall not be permitted in the building.
- Occupants in the rooms and areas containing energy storage systems are limited to personnel that operate, maintain, service, test and repair the energy storage system and other energy systems.
- 4.1. The areas do not occupy more than 10 percent of the building area of the story in which they are located.
- 4.2. A means of egress is provided from the administrative and support use areas to the public way that does not require occupants to traverse through areas containing energy storage systems or other energy system equipment.