Dayrooms or dayroom space shall:
- Contain 35 square feet (3.3 m2) of floor area per inmate in width in front of cells/rooms;
- Contain tables and seating to accommodate the maximum number of inmates;
- Provide access to water closets, wash basins and drinking fountains as specified in Section 1231.3;
- Provide access to a shower or showers as specified in Section 1231.3; and
- Be provided to all inmates in Type II and Type III facilities (except those housed in special-use cells) and to inmate workers in Type I facilities.
Dayroom space as described in this section may be a part of a single occupancy cell used for administrative segregation or a dormitory, in which case the floor area of the cell or a dormitory must be increased by the square footage required for the dayroom.