Where required, daylight-responsive controls shall be provided within each space for control of lights in that space and shall comply with all of the following:
- Lights in toplight daylight zones in accordance with Section C405.2.3.3 shall be controlled independently of lights in sidelight daylight zones in accordance with Section C405.2.3.2.
- Daylight responsive controls within each space shall be configured so that they can be calibrated from within that space by authorized personnel.
- Calibration mechanisms shall be readily accessible.
- Where located in offices, classrooms, laboratories and library reading rooms, daylight responsive controls shall dim lights continuously from full light output to 15 percent of full light output or lower.
- Daylight responsive controls shall be capable of a complete shutoff of all controlled lights.
- Lights in sidelight daylight zones in accordance with Section C405.2.3.2 facing different cardinal orientations [i.e., within 45 degrees (0.79 rad) of due north, east, south, west] shall be controlled independently of each other.
Exception: Up to 150 watts of lighting in each space is permitted to be controlled together with lighting in a daylight zone facing a different cardinal orientation.