// CODE SNIPPET
403.12.3 Crowd Managers
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Not fewer than two trained crowd managers, and not fewer than one trained crowd manager for each 250 persons or portion thereof, shall be provided for the gathering.
- Outdoor events with fewer than 1,000 persons in attendance shall not require crowd managers.
- Assembly occupancies used exclusively for religious worship with an occupant load not exceeding 1,000 shall not require crowd managers.
- The number of crowd managers shall be reduced where, in the opinion of the fire code official, the fire protection provided by the facility and the nature of the event warrant a reduction.
Training for crowd managers shall be approved.
The duties of crowd managers shall include, but not be limited to:
- Conduct an inspection of the area of responsibility and identify and address any egress barriers.
- Conduct an inspection of the area of responsibility to identify and mitigate any fire hazards.
- Verify compliance with all permit conditions, including those governing pyrotechnics and other special effects.
- Direct and assist the event attendees in evacuation during an emergency.
- Assist emergency response personnel where requested.
- Other duties required by the fire code official.
- Other duties as specified in the fire safety plan.
Related Code Sections
3104.20.2 Tents and Other Membrane Structures, Crowd Managers
There shall be trained crowd managers or crowd manager/supervisors at a ratio of one crowd manager/supervisor for every 250 occupants, as approved ...
Fire Code 2015 of New York State > 31 Tents and Other Membrane Structures > 3104 Temporary and Permanent Tents and Membrane Structures > 3104.20 Standby Personnel > 3104.20.2 Crowd Managers
3106.4.3 Tents, Temporary Special Event Structures and Other Membrane Structures, Crowd Managers
Where events involve a gathering of more than 1,000 people, trained crowd managers shall be provided in accordance with Section 403.12.3 ...
2020 Fire Code of NYS > 31 Tents, Temporary Special Event Structures and Other Membrane Structures > 3106 Outdoor Assembly Events > 3106.4 Public Safety for Events > 3106.4.3 Crowd Managers
3107.17.2 Tents, Temporary Special Event Structures and Other Membrane Structures, Crowd Managers
There shall be trained crowd managers or trained crowd supervisors at a ratio of one crowd manager or supervisor for every 250 occupants ...
2020 Fire Code of NYS > 31 Tents, Temporary Special Event Structures and Other Membrane Structures > 3107 Operational Requirements > 3107.17 Standby Personnel > 3107.17.2 Crowd Managers
403.12.3 Emergency Planning and Preparedness, Crowd Managers
Where facilities or events involve a gathering of more than 500 people, crowd managers shall be provided in accordance with Sections 403.12.3.1 ...
2020 Fire Code of NYS > 4 Emergency Planning and Preparedness > 403 Emergency Preparedness Requirements > 403.12 Special Requirements for Public Safety > 403.12.3 Crowd Managers