Initial cross-connection tests for plastic vacuum piping systems shall be conducted as follows:
- Tests shall be conducted to determine that no cross connections exist between any Category 3 plastic vacuum piping systems or Category 3 copper piping systems.
- The vacuum source shutoff valves for the vacuum piping systems shall remain closed during the tests, unless they are being used for the cross-connection test vacuum source.
- The cross-connection test vacuum shall be a minimum of 12 inch (305 mm) HgV.
- The source of test vacuum shall be connected only to the vacuum piping system being tested.
- The individual gas-powered device system gas outlets and vacuum system inlets shall be checked to determine that the test vacuum is only present at the vacuum piping system being tested.
- The cross-connection tests shall be repeated for each installed vacuum system with plastic piping.
- The proper labeling and identification of system outlets/inlets shall be confirmed during the tests. [NFPA 99:126.96.36.199.7]