// CODE SNIPPET
3110F.4.2 Cranes (N/E)
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
- Cranes shall not be loaded in excess of the manufacturer's rating except during performance tests.
- Drums on load-hoisting equipment shall be equipped with positive holding devices.
- Under all operating conditions, there shall be at least two full turns of cable on grooved drums, and at least three full turns on ungrooved drums.
- Braking equipment shall be capable of stopping, lowering, and holding a load of at least the full test load.
- When not in use, crane booms shall be lowered to ground level or secured to a rest support against displacement by wind loads or other outside forces.
- Safety systems including devices that affect the safe lifting and handling, such as interlocks, limit switches, load/moment and overload indicators with shutdown capability [10.17], emergency stop switches, radius and locking indicators, shall be provided.
Related Code Sections
3110F.4.2 [SLC] Marine Oil Terminals, Cranes (N/E)
Cranes shall not be loaded in excess of the manufacturer's rating except during performance tests. Drums on load-hoisting equipment shall ...
Los Angeles Building Code > 31F [SLC] Marine Oil Terminals > 3110F Mechanical and Electrical Equipment > 3110F.4 Lifting Equipment: Winches and Cranes > 3110F.4.2 Cranes (N/E)
Appendix N Temporary Haunted Houses, Ghost Walks and Similar Amusement Uses
CALIFORNIA FIRE CODE — MATRIX ADOPTION TABLE APPENDIX N — TEMPORARY HAUNTED HOUSES, GHOST WALKS AND SIMILAR AMUSEMENT USES (Matrix Adoption ...
3108F.6.1 [SLC] Marine Oil Terminals, Coverage (N/E)
The fire suppression system shall provide coverage for: Marine structures including the pier/wharf and approach trestle Terminal cargo manifold ...
Los Angeles Building Code > 31F [SLC] Marine Oil Terminals > 3108F Fire Prevention, Detection and Suppression > 3108F.6 Fire Suppression > 3108F.6.1 Coverage (N/E)
3111F.8 [SLC] Marine Oil Terminals, Illumination (N/E)
Lighting shall conform to 2 CCR 2365 [11.7] and 33 CFR 154.570 (d) [11.8 ...
Los Angeles Building Code > 31F [SLC] Marine Oil Terminals > 3111F Electrical Systems > 3111F.8 Illumination (N/E)