Applications for the approval of construction documents for the following categories of work are covered by this article:
- demolition of all or part of the pilot program building;
- change of use or occupancy of all or part of a dwelling unit, any residential portion of the pilot program building, or any part of such building serving such dwelling units;
- any alteration resulting in the addition or removal of kitchen or bathrooms, an increase or decrease in the number of dwelling units, or any change to the layout, configuration, or location of any portion of any dwelling unit;
- an application for a new or amended certificate of occupancy; or
- such other types of alteration work to a pilot program building as shall be prescribed by rule of the commissioner of housing preservation and development.
- Work solely for the purpose of either (i) making the public areas of a pilot program building accessible to persons with disabilities without altering the configuration of any dwelling unit or rooming unit or (ii) making the interior or the entrance to a dwelling unit or a rooming unit accessible to persons with disabilities shall not be covered by this article.
- Repairs, demolition or any other work performed by a city agency or by a contractor pursuant to a contract with a city agency shall not be covered by this article.
- Work performed on a building that has an administrator currently appointed pursuant to article seven-a of the real property actions and proceedings law shall not be covered by this article.
- Other categories of work that are excluded from the definition of covered categories of work by rule of the department of housing preservation and development shall not be covered by this article.