// CODE SNIPPET
3412.6.5 Corridor Walls
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Evaluate the fire-resistance rating and degree of completeness of walls which create corridors serving the floor, and constructed in accordance with Section 1018. This evaluation shall not include the wall elements considered under Sections 3412.6.3 and 3412.6.4. Under the categories and groups in Table 3412.6.5, determine the appropriate value and enter that value into Table 3412.7 under Safety Parameter 3412.6.5, Corridor Walls, for fire safety, means of egress and general safety.
|A-3, F, M, R, S-1||-7||-3||0||2|
|A-4, B, E, S-2||-5||-2||0||5|
- Corridors not providing at least one-half the travel distance for all occupants on a floor shall be category b.
The categories for Corridor Walls are:
- Category a—No fire partitions; incomplete fire partitions; no doors; or doors not self-closing.
- Category b—Less than 1-hour fire-resistance rating or not constructed in accordance with Section 708.4.
- Category c—1-hour to less than 2-hour fire-resistance rating, with doors conforming to Section 716 or without corridors as permitted by Section 1018.
- Category d—2-hour or greater fire-resistance rating, with doors conforming to Section 716.