// CODE SNIPPET
1020.5.1 Corridor Ceiling
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
- The corridor is not required to be of fire-resistance-rated construction.
- The corridor is separated from the plenum by fire-resistance-rated construction.
- The air-handling system serving the corridor is shut down upon activation of the air-handling unit smoke detectors required by the International Mechanical Code.
- The air-handling system serving the corridor is shut down upon detection of sprinkler water flow where the building is equipped throughout with an automatic sprinkler system.
- The space between the corridor ceiling and the floor or roof structure above the corridor is used as a component of an approved engineered smoke control system.
Related Code Sections
1020.5.1 Means of Egress, Corridor Ceiling
Use of the space between the corridor ceiling and the floor or roof structure above as a return air plenum is permitted for one or more ...
Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 10 Means of Egress > 1020 Corridors > 1020.5 Air Movement in Corridors > 1020.5.1 Corridor Ceiling
7184.108.40.206 Fire and Smoke Protection Features, Corridors
where corridor ceilings, constructed as required for the corridor walls as permitted in Section 708.4, Exception 3, are penetrated. A ceiling ...
Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 7 Fire and Smoke Protection Features > 717 Ducts and Air Transfer Openings > 717.5 Where Required > 717.5.4 Fire Partitions > 7220.127.116.11 Corridors
708.4 Fire and Smoke Protection Features, Continuity
as a corridor wall shall not be required to extend above the lower membrane of a corridor ceiling provided that the corridor ceiling membrane is equivalent ...
Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 7 Fire and Smoke Protection Features > 708 Fire Partitions > 708.4 Continuity
1024.3 Means of Egress, Construction
Exit passageway enclosures shall have walls, floors and ceilings of not less than a 1-hour fire-resistance rating, and not less than that required ...
1207.2 Interior Environment, Minimum Ceiling Heights
Occupiable spaces, habitable spaces and corridors shall have a ceiling height of not less than 7 feet 6 inches (2286 mm) above the finished floor ...
Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 12 Interior Environment > 1207 Interior Space Dimensions > 1207.2 Minimum Ceiling Heights