Section 2308 Conventional Light-Frame Construction
ALLOWABLE STORY HEIGHT
|SEISMIC DESIGN CATEGORY||ALLOWABLE STORY |
ABOVE GRADE PLANE
|A and B||Three stories|
|D and Ea||One story|
- Subject to the limitations of Section 2308.6.10, stone or masonry veneer up to the lesser of 5 inches (127 mm) thick or 50 psf (2395 N/m2) and installed in accordance with Chapter 14 is permitted to a height of 30 feet (9144 mm) above a noncombustible foundation, with an additional 8 feet (2438 mm) permitted for gable ends.
- Concrete or masonry fireplaces, heaters and chimneys shall be permitted in accordance with the provisions of this code.
- Ground snow loads shall not exceed 50 psf (2395 N/m2).
V shall not exceed 130 miles per hour (57 m/s) (3-second gust).
- V shall not exceed 140 mph (61.6 m/s) (3-second gust) for buildings in Exposure Category B that are not located in a hurricane-prone region.
- Where V exceeds 130 mph (3-second gust), the provisions of either AWC WFCM or ICC 600 are permitted to be used.
Girders for single-story construction or girders supporting loads from a single floor shall be not less than 4 inches by 6 inches (102 mm by 152 mm) for spans 6 feet (1829 mm) or less, provided that girders are spaced not more than 8 feet (2438 mm) on center. Other girders shall be designed to support the loads specified in this code. Girder end joints shall occur over supports.