// CODE SNIPPET
(B) Control Circuits With Power Circuits
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Control circuits and power circuits shall be permitted to be installed as underground conductors in a manhole in accordance with one of the following:
- The power or control circuit conductors are in a metal-enclosed cable or Type UF cable
- The conductors are permanently separated from the power conductors by a continuous fixed nonconductor, such as flexible tubing, in addition to the insulation on the wire
- The conductors are permanently and effectively separated from the power conductors and securely fastened to racks, insulators, or other approved supports
- In cable trays, where the control circuit conductors and power conductors not functionally associated with them are separated by a solid fixed barrier of a material compatible with the cable tray, or where the power or control circuit conductors are in a metal-enclosed cable
Related Code Sections
(B) Special Occupancies, Control Circuits With Power Circuits
Control circuits shall be permitted to be installed with power conductors as specified in 522.24(B)(1) through (B)(3 ...
National Electrical Code 2020 of Minnesota > 5 Special Occupancies > 522 Control Systems for Permanent Amusement Attractions > 522.24 Conductors of Different Circuits in the Same Cable, Cable Tray, Enclosure, or Raceway > (B) Control Circuits With Power Circuits
(C) Special Conditions, With Other Circuits
, and powerlimited circuits in compliance with Article 645 or Parts I and III of Article 725 Power-limited fire alarm systems in compliance with Parts I ...
National Electrical Code 2020 of Minnesota > 7 Special Conditions > 770 Optical Fiber Cables > 770.133 Installation of Optical Fibers and Electrical Conductors > (C) With Other Circuits
705.20 Special Conditions, Disconnecting Means, Source
load-break-rated pull-out switch A power-operated or remote-controlled switch or circuit breaker that is manually operable locally and opens ...
National Electrical Code 2020 of Minnesota > 7 Special Conditions > 705 Interconnected Electric Power Production Sources > 705.20 Disconnecting Means, Source
(E) Special Conditions, Enclosures With Single Opening
where they are introduced solely to connect the equipment connected to power-limited fire alarm circuits or to other circuits controlled by the fire ...
National Electrical Code 2020 of Minnesota > 7 Special Conditions > 760 Fire Alarm Systems > 760.136 Separation From Electric Light, Power, Class 1, NPLFA, and Medium-Power Network-Powered Broadband Communications Circuit Conductors > (E) Enclosures With Single Opening
(1) Equipment for General Use, Compliance With Article 725
Where the transformer supplies a Class 1 power-limited circuit, Class 2, or Class 3 remote-control circuit complying with the requirements of Article ...
National Electrical Code 2020 of Minnesota > 4 Equipment for General Use > 430 Motors, Motor Circuits, and Controllers > 430.72 Overcurrent Protection > (C) Control Circuit Transformer > (1) Compliance With Article 725