// CODE SNIPPET
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Except as provided in 250.30(A)(5) and (A)(6), 250.30(B)(1), and 250.68(C), grounding electrode conductor(s) shall be installed in one continuous length without a splice or joint. If necessary, splices or connections shall be made as permitted in (1) through (4):
- Splicing of the wire-type grounding electrode conductor shall be permitted only by irreversible compression-type connectors listed as grounding and bonding equipment or by the exothermic welding process.
- Sections of busbars shall be permitted to be connected together to form a grounding electrode conductor.
- Bolted, riveted, or welded connections of structural metal frames of buildings or structures.
- Threaded, welded, brazed, soldered or bolted-flange connections of metal water piping.
Related Code Sections
1005.4 Means of Egress, Continuity
The minimum width or required capacity of the means of egress required from any story of a building shall not be reduced along the path of egress ...
Building Code of the Texas Industrialized Housing and Buildings Program > 10 Means of Egress > 1005 Means of Egress Sizing > 1005.4 Continuity
1014.4 Means of Egress, Continuity
Handrail gripping surfaces shall be continuous, without interruption by newel posts or other obstructions. Exceptions: Handrails within ...
Building Code of the Texas Industrialized Housing and Buildings Program > 10 Means of Egress > 1014 Handrails > 1014.4 Continuity
(B) Wiring and Protection, Continuity
The continuity of a grounded conductor shall not depend on a connection to a metallic enclosure, raceway, or cable armor. Informational Note: See ...
National Electrical Code 2020 of Texas > 2 Wiring and Protection > 200 Use and Identification of Grounded Conductors > 200.2 General > (B) Continuity
(1) Wiring and Protection, Continuity
Continuity of the grounding path or the bonding connection to interior piping shall not rely on water meters or filtering devices and similar ...
National Electrical Code 2020 of Texas > 2 Wiring and Protection > 250 Grounding and Bonding > 250.53 Grounding Electrode System Installation > (D) Metal Underground Water Pipe > (1) Continuity
505.3 General Site and Building Elements, Continuity
Handrails shall be continuous within the full length of each stair flight or ramp run. Inside handrails on switchback or dogleg stairs and ramps ...
Texas Accessibility Standards 2012 > 5 General Site and Building Elements > 505 Handrails > 505.3 Continuity