(a) Scope. This section sets forth the minimum hours of classroom instruction and topics required for Department accreditation of training courses for certificates of fitness for construction site fire safety manager.
(b) General Provisions.
(1) General accreditation requirements. Construction site fire safety manager training courses shall comply with the general training school accreditation procedures, standards and requirements set forth in R113-04.
(2) Instructor qualifications. Instruction in construction site fire safety manager training courses shall be conducted by persons with fire code, fire prevention/suppression, construction, engineering or other appropriate experience or expertise that qualifies them to teach the respective instructional topics of the training course.
(c) Required Hours and Topics of Instruction.
(1) Training courses shall, at a minimum, provide not less than seven (7) hours of instruction.
(2) Training courses shall provide instruction in the following topics, and such other topics as the Department may from time to time designate by written notice to accredited training course providers:
(A) Introduction to the Fire Code and Fire Department Rules, including their organization and terminology.
(C) All construction site fire safety requirements, as set forth in 3 RCNY 1401-01(c).
(d) Course Administration and Completion.
(1) Students must attend all training classes to be eligible to take the training course's final examination.
(2) Students shall be allowed two (2) opportunities to pass the final examination. Students who fail the final examination on the second attempt shall be required to reattend the course in its entirety.