// CODE SNIPPET
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
In reviewing applications for variances, the board of appeals shall consider all technical evaluations, all relevant factors, all other portions of this appendix and the following:
- The danger that materials and debris may be swept onto other lands resulting in further injury or damage.
- The danger to life and property due to flooding or erosion damage.
- The susceptibility of the proposed development, including contents, to flood damage and the effect of such damage on current and future owners.
- The importance of the services provided by the proposed development to the community.
- The availability of alternate locations for the proposed development that are not subject to flooding or erosion.
- The compatibility of the proposed development with existing and anticipated development.
- The relationship of the proposed development to the comprehensive plan and flood plain management program for that area.
- The safety of access to the property in times of flood for ordinary and emergency vehicles.
- The expected heights, velocity, duration, rate of rise and debris and sediment transport of the floodwaters and the effects of wave action, if applicable, expected at the site.
- The costs of providing governmental services during and after flood conditions including maintenance and repair of public utilities and facilities such as sewer, gas, electrical and water systems, streets and bridges.
Related Code Sections
G105.6 Flood-Resistant Construction, Considerations
In reviewing applications for variances, the board of appeals shall consider all technical evaluations, all relevant factors, all other portions ...
2015 Michigan Building Code > G Flood-Resistant Construction > G105 Variances > G105.6 Considerations
403.2.2 Special Detailed Requirements Based on Use and Occupancy, Seismic Considerations
For seismic considerations, see Chapter 16 ...
2015 Michigan Building Code > 4 Special Detailed Requirements Based on Use and Occupancy > 403 High-Rise Buildings > 403.2 Construction > 403.2.2 Seismic Considerations
A.1 Sizing and Capacities of Gas Piping, General Piping Considerations
The first goal of determining the pipe sizing for a fuel gas piping system is to make sure that there is sufficient gas pressure at the inlet ...
2015 Michigan Residential Code > A Sizing and Capacities of Gas Piping > A.1 General Piping Considerations
G2413.1 Fuel Gas, (402.1) General Considerations
Piping systems shall be of such size and so installed as to provide a supply of gas sufficient to meet the maximum demand and supply gas to each ...
2015 Michigan Residential Code > 24 Fuel Gas > G2413 (402) Pipe Sizing > G2413.1 (402.1) General Considerations