Appliances and equipment shall be connected to the building piping in compliance with Section 1212.5 through Section 1212.8 by one of the following:
- Rigid metallic pipe and fittings.
- Semirigid metallic tubing and metallic fittings. Aluminum alloy tubing shall not be used in exterior locations.
- A listed connector in compliance with CSA Z21.24. The connector shall be used in accordance with the manufacturer's installation instructions and shall be in the same room as the appliance. Only one connector shall be used per appliance.
- A listed connector in compliance with CSA Z21.75. Only one connector shall be used per appliance.
- CSST where installed in accordance with the manufacturer's installation instructions.
- Listed nonmetallic gas hose connectors in accordance with Section 1212.3.
- Unlisted gas hose connectors for use in laboratories and educational facilities in accordance with Section 1212.4. [NFPA 54:9.6.1]
Connectors used with commercial cooking appliances that are moved for cleaning and sanitation purposes shall be installed in accordance with the connector manufacturer's installation instructions. Such connectors shall be listed in accordance with CSA Z21.69. [NFPA 54:126.96.36.199]
Movement of appliances with casters shall be limited by a restraining device installed in accordance with the connector and appliance manufacturer's installation instructions. [NFPA 54:188.8.131.52]