(G) Conductors in Parallel
Exception No. 1: Conductors in sizes smaller than 1/0 AWG shall be permitted to be run in parallel to supply control power to indicating instruments, contactors, relays, solenoids, and similar control devices, or for frequencies of 360 Hz and higher, provided all of the following apply:
- They are contained within the same raceway or cable.
- The ampacity of each individual conductor is sufficient to carry the entire load current shared by the parallel conductors.
- The overcurrent protection is such that the ampacity of each individual conductor will not be exceeded if one or more of the parallel conductors become inadvertently disconnected.
Informational Note to Exception No. 2: Exception No. 2 can be used to alleviate overheating of neutral conductors in existing installations due to high content of triplen harmonic currents.
- Be the same length
- Consist of the same conductor material
- Be the same size in circular mil area
- Have the same insulation type
- Be terminated in the same manner