// CODE SNIPPET
G105.7 Conditions for Issuance
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Variances shall only be issued by the board of appeals where all of the following criteria are met:
- A technical showing of good and sufficient cause that the unique characteristics of the size, configuration or topography of the site renders the elevation standards inappropriate.
- A determination that failure to grant the variance would result in exceptional hardship by rendering the lot undevelopable.
- A determination that the granting of a variance will not result in increased flood heights, additional threats to public safety, extraordinary public expense, nor create nuisances, cause fraud on or victimization of the public or conflict with existing local laws or ordinances.
- A determination that the variance is the minimum necessary, considering the flood hazard, to afford relief.
- Notification to the applicant in writing over the signature of the building official that the issuance of a variance to construct a structure below the base flood level will result in increased premium rates for flood insurance up to amounts as high as $25 for $100 of insurance coverage, and that such construction below the base flood level increases risks to life and property.
Related Code Sections
G105.7 Flood-Resistant Construction, Conditions for Issuance
that the issuance of a variance to construct a structure below the base flood level will result in increased premium rates for flood insurance up ...
2015 Michigan Building Code > G Flood-Resistant Construction > G105 Variances > G105.7 Conditions for Issuance
1704.2.3 Special Inspections and Tests, Statement of Special Inspections
The applicant shall submit a statement of special inspections in accordance with Section 107.1 as a condition for permit issuance. This statement ...
2015 Michigan Building Code > 17 Special Inspections and Tests > 1704 Special Inspections and Tests, Contractor Responsibility and Structural Observation > 1704.2 Special Inspections and Tests > 1704.2.3 Statement of Special Inspections
114.2 Scope and Administration, Issuance
to remove a violation or unsafe condition, is subject to the penalty provisions prescribed in the act. R 408.30572 ...
2015 Michigan Rehabilitation Code > 1 Scope and Administration > 114 Stop Work Order > 114.2 Issuance
115.2 Scope and Administration, Issuance
to remove a violation or unsafe condition is subject to the penalty provisions prescribed in the act. R 408.30411 ...
AE303.1 Manufactured Housing Used as Dwellings, Issuance
The application, plans and specifications, and other data filed by an applicant for permit shall be reviewed by the building official . Such plans ...
2015 Michigan Residential Code > E Manufactured Housing Used as Dwellings > AE303 Permits Issuance > AE303.1 Issuance