// CODE SNIPPET
184.108.40.206 Condensers Serving Refrigeration Systems
Go To Full Code Chapter
Fan-powered condensers shall conform to the following requirements:
- Design saturated condensing temperatures for air-cooled condensers shall be less than or equal to the design dry-bulb temperature plus 10°F for low-temperature refrigeration systems and less than or equal to the design dry-bulb temperature plus 15°F for medium-temperature refrigeration systems.
- Saturated condensing temperature for blend refrigerants shall be determined using the average of liquid and vapor temperatures as converted from the condenser drain pressure.
- Condenser fan motors that are less than 1 hp shall use electronically commutated motors, permanent split-capacitor-type motors, or three-phase motors.
- All condenser fans for air-cooled condensers, evaporatively cooled condensers, and air- or water-cooled fluid coolers or cooling towers shall incorporate one of the following continuous variable-speed fan control approaches and shall reduce fan motor demand to no more than 30% of design wattage at 50% of design air volume:
- Refrigeration system condenser control for air-cooled condensers shall use variable set-point control logic to reset the condensing temperature set point in response to ambient dry-bulb temperature.
- Refrigeration system condenser control for evaporatively cooled condensers shall use variable set-point control logic to reset the condensing temperature set point in response to ambient wet-bulb temperature.
- Multiple fan condensers shall be controlled in unison.
- The minimum condensing temperature set point shall be no greater than 70°F.
Related Code Sections
220.127.116.11 Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning, Condensers Serving Refrigeration Systems
temperature plus 15°F for medium-temperature refrigeration systems. Saturated condensing temperature for blend refrigerants shall be determined ...
1104.4 Refrigeration, Volume Calculations
or condenser is located in an air duct system, the volume of the smallest, enclosed occupied space served by the duct system shall be used to determine ...
1107.4 Refrigeration, Condensation
Refrigerating piping and fittings, brine piping and fittings that, during normal operation, will reach a surface temperature below the dew point ...
Section 307 General Regulations, Condensate Disposal
). Condensate drain systems shall be provided for equipment and appliances containing evaporators or cooling coils. Condensate drain systems ...
18.104.22.168.1 Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning,
or condensing temperature/pressure of the heat-rejection device. Exceptions to 22.214.171.124.1 Condenser fans serving multiple refrigerant or fluid ...