Section 306 Component Serviceability
Where any of the following conditions cause the component or system to be beyond its limit state, the component or system shall be determined as unsafe and shall be repaired or replaced to comply with the International Building Code or the International Existing Building Code as required for existing buildings:
- 1.1. Collapse of footing or foundation system.
- 1.2. Damage to footing, foundation, concrete or other structural element due to soil expansion.
- 1.3. Adverse effects to the design strength of footing, foundation, concrete or other structural element due to a chemical reaction from the soil.
- 1.4. Inadequate soil as determined by a geotechnical investigation.
- 1.5. Where the allowable bearing capacity of the soil is in doubt.
- 1.6. Adverse effects to the footing, foundation, concrete or other structural element due to the ground water table.
- 6.1. Ultimate deformation.
- 6.2. Deterioration.
- 6.3. Damage from insects, rodents and other vermin.
- 6.4. Fire damage beyond charring.
- 6.5. Significant splits and checks.
- 6.6. Horizontal shear cracks.
- 6.7. Vertical shear cracks.
- 6.8. Inadequate support.
- 6.9. Detached, dislodged or failing connections.
- 6.10. Excessive cutting and notching.