1002.1 Compliance With the Building Code
Where the character or use of an existing building or part of an existing building is changed to one of the following special use or occupancy categories as defined in the International Building Code, the building shall comply with all of the applicable requirements of the International Building Code:
- Covered and open mall buildings.
- Motor vehicle-related occupancies.
- Aircraft-related occupancies.
- Motion picture projection rooms.
- Stages and platforms.
- Special amusement buildings.
- Incidental use areas.
- Hazardous materials.
- Ambulatory care facilities.
- Group I-2 occupancies.