6.7.2 Completion Requirements
The following requirements are mandatory provisions and are necessary for compliance with the standard.
Construction documents shall require that, within 90 days after the date of system acceptance, record drawings of the actual installation be provided to the building owner or the designated representative of the building owner. Record drawings shall include, as a minimum, the location and performance data on each piece of equipment; general configuration of the duct and pipe distribution system, including sizes; and the terminal air or water design flow rates.
Construction documents shall require that an operating manual and a maintenance manual be provided to the building owner or the designated representative of the building owner within 90 days after the date of system acceptance. These manuals shall be in accordance with industry-accepted standards (see Informative Appendix E) and shall include, at a minimum, the following:
- Submittal data stating equipment size and selected options for each piece of equipment requiring maintenance.
- Operation manuals and maintenance manuals for each piece of equipment and system requiring maintenance, except equipment not furnished as part of the project. Required routine maintenance actions shall be clearly identified.
- Names and addresses of at least one service agency.
- HVAC controls system maintenance and calibration information, including wiring diagrams, schematics, and control sequence descriptions. Desired or field-determined set points shall be permanently recorded on control drawings at control devices or, for digital control systems, in programming comments.
- A complete narrative of how each system is intended to operate, including suggested set points.
Construction documents shall require that all HVAC systems be balanced in accordance with generally accepted engineering standards (see Informative Appendix E). Construction documents shall require that a written balance report be provided to the building owner or the designated representative of the building owner for HVAC systems serving zones with a total conditioned area exceeding 5000 ft2.
Hydronic systems shall be proportionately balanced in a manner to first minimize throttling losses; then the pump impeller shall be trimmed or pump speed shall be adjusted to meet design flow conditions.
HVAC control systems shall be tested to ensure that control elements are calibrated, adjusted, and in proper working condition. For projects larger than 50,000 ft2 conditioned area, except warehouses and semiheated spaces, detailed instructions for commissioning HVAC systems (see Informative Appendix E) shall be provided by the designer in plans and specifications.