// CODE SNIPPET
G2407.11 (304.11) Combustion Air Ducts
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
- Ducts shall terminate in an unobstructed space allowing free movement of combustion air to the appliances.
- Ducts shall serve a single enclosure.
- Ducts shall not serve both upper and lower combustion air openings where both such openings are used. The separation between ducts serving upper and lower combustion air openings shall be maintained to the source of combustion air.
- Ducts shall not be screened where terminating in an attic space.
- Horizontal upper combustion air ducts shall not slope downward toward the source of combustion air.
- Combustion air intake openings located on the exterior of a building shall have the lowest side of such openings located not less than 12 inches (305 mm) vertically from the adjoining finished ground level.