(C) Class I, Zone 2
- All wiring methods permitted by 505.15(B).
- Types MC, MV, TC, or TC-ER cable, including installation in cable tray systems. The cable shall be terminated with listed fittings. Single conductor Type MV cables shall be shielded or metallic-armored.
- Type ITC and Type ITC-ER cable as permitted in 727.4 and terminated with listed fittings.
- Type PLTC and Type PLTC-ER cable in accordance with the provisions of Article 725, including installation in cable tray systems. The cable shall be terminated with listed fittings.
- Enclosed gasketed busways, enclosed gasketed wireways.
- In industrial establishments with restricted public access, where the conditions of maintenance and supervision ensure that only qualified persons service the installation, and where metallic conduit does not provide sufficient corrosion resistance, listed reinforced thermosetting resin conduit (RTRC), factory elbows, and associated fittings, all marked with the suffix -XW, and Schedule 80 PVC conduit, factory elbows, and associated fittings shall be permitted. Where seals are required for boundary conditions as defined in 505.16(C)(1)(b), the Zone 1 wiring method shall extend into the Zone 2 area to the seal, which shall be located on the Zone 2 side of the Zone 1/Zone 2 boundary.
- Intrinsic safety type of protection "ic" shall be permitted using any of the wiring methods permitted for unclassified locations. Intrinsic safety type of protection "ic" systems shall be installed in accordance with the control drawing(s). Simple apparatus, not shown on the control drawing, shall be permitted in an intrinsic safety type of protection "ic" circuit, provided that the simple apparatus does not interconnect the intrinsic safety type of protection "ic" systems to any other circuit.
Informational Note: Simple apparatus is defined in 504.2.
- Optical fiber cable of Types OFNP, OFCP, OFNR, OFCR, OFNG, OFCG, OFN, and OFC shall be permitted to be installed in cable trays or any other raceway in accordance with 505.15(C). Optical fiber cable shall be sealed in accordance with 505.16.
Separate intrinsic safety type of protection "ic" systems shall be installed in accordance with one of the following:
Informational Note: See 505.25(B) for grounding requirements where flexible conduit is used.
Exception: For elevator use, an identified elevator cable of Type EO, ETP, or ETT, shown under the "use" column in Table 400.4 for "hazardous (classified) locations," that is terminated with listed connectors that maintain the type of protection of the terminal compartment, shall be permitted.