18.104.22.168.27.5 Change in the Type of Motion Control
(b) Requirement 22.214.171.124 for all new and modified electrical equipment and wiring.
(c) The protection of the hoistway landing openings shall conform to
(1) requirement 2.11.1, except
(-a) existing entrance openings less than 2 030 mm (79.9 in.) in height or 800 mm (31.5 in.) in width are permitted to be retained
(-b) requirement 126.96.36.199
(4) requirement 188.8.131.52
(d) Section 2.12, except
(2) requirement 184.108.40.206
(e) Section 2.13.
(f) Car enclosures and car doors or gates shall conform to Section 2.14, except that where existing car enclosures and/or car doors or gates are retained, conformance with the following requirements is not required:
(4) requirement 2.14.3
(g) Where conformance with 220.127.116.11.1 is not possible due to existing overhead conditions, an alternative solution, acceptable to the authority having jurisdiction, providing equivalency to 18.104.22.168.1 shall be permitted.
(1) where the safety factors required by 22.214.171.124 cannot be ascertained, rated load testing shall be accepted as demonstration of compliance
(j) Car overspeed protection and unintended movement protection shall conform to Section 2.19.
(k) The terminal stopping devices shall conform to Section 2.25.
(m) In jurisdictions not enforcing the NBCC, emergency operation and signaling devices shall be provided and shall conform to Section 2.27. In jurisdictions enforcing the NBCC, the following shall be complied with:
(1) car emergency signaling devices shall comply with 2.27.1
(2) emergency operation and signaling devices shall conform to 2.27.2 through 2.27.9 where required by the NBCC or a prior edition of CSA B44
(n) Equipment and floors shall be identified as required by Section 2.29.