309A.5 Change in Jurisdiction for Buildings Removed From General Acute Care Service
For a building removed from general acute care service to be eligible for a change in jurisdiction to the local enforcing agency, all the following criteria shall be satisfied:
- The building removed from general acute care service shall be freestanding, as defined in the California Administrative Code, Section 7-111.
- Any hospital support services located in the building removed from general acute care service, including administrative services, central sterile supply, storage, morgue and autopsy, employee dressing rooms and lockers, janitorial and housekeeping service, and laundry, shall be in excess of the minimum requirements for licensure and operation. Prior approval by the California Department of Public Health shall be obtained by hospital to locate these services in the building removed from general acute care service.
- Services/systems and utilities (e.g., power, emergency power, communication/data/nurse-call systems, space-heating systems, fire alarm system, firesprinkler system, medical gas & plumbing systems) shall be separate and independent from those serving any buildings under OSHPD jurisdiction.
- If the building being transferred to the jurisdiction of the local enforcing agency is adjacent to a building under OSHPD jurisdiction and fire-resistive construction separations are required, they shall be located in the building under OSHPD jurisdiction.
The following freestanding buildings shall remain under OSHPD jurisdiction:
- Any building in which basic and/or supplementary services are provided for a general acute care hospital, acute psychiatric hospital, and general acute care hospital providing only acute medical rehabilitation center services.
- Any building which provides required patient access, egress, or smoke compartment for a Building under OSHPD's jurisdiction.
- Any building in which services under OSHPD jurisdiction are provided, including skilled nursing services, intermediate care services, acute psychiatric services, and distinct part skilled nursing or intermediate care services.
- Any building providing central plant or utility services to a building under OSHPD jurisdiction.
- Any building through which utilities pass through, over or under, to serve a building under OSHPD jurisdiction.